Lupin launches HIV drug in the US with marketing exclusivity
New Delhi: Drug major Lupin Wednesday said it has launched the generic version of ViiV Healthcare's (ViiV) Trizivir tablets in the US market with 180-days of marketing exclusivity.
The company said its US subsidiary Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc has launched Abacavir Sulfate, Lamivudine, and Zidovudine tablets in the US market after the US District Court for the District of Delaware ruled that Lupin's generic version of Trizivir did not infringe on patents, Lupin said in a statement.
The Mumbai-headquartered firm had earlier received approval from the US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) for the same.
"Lupin is the first applicant to file an abbreviated new drug application (ANDA) for Trizivir tablets and as such is entitled to 180 days of marketing exclusivity," it added.
The company's product is the generic equivalent of ViiV Healthcare's Trizivir tablets and is indicated in combination with other antiretrovirals or alone for the treatment of HIV-1 infection.
According to IMS MAT September 2013 sales data, Trizivir tablets had annual US sales of around USD 111.6 million.
Lupin's cumulative ANDA filings with the USFDA as of October 30 stands at 183 and the Mumbai-headquartered firm has received 93 approvals to date.
During the current year, the company has so far received 18 approvals from USFDA. It has also launched 14 products in the US market in the current year so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?