Lupin launches HIV drug in the US with marketing exclusivity
New Delhi: Drug major Lupin Wednesday said it has launched the generic version of ViiV Healthcare's (ViiV) Trizivir tablets in the US market with 180-days of marketing exclusivity.
The company said its US subsidiary Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc has launched Abacavir Sulfate, Lamivudine, and Zidovudine tablets in the US market after the US District Court for the District of Delaware ruled that Lupin's generic version of Trizivir did not infringe on patents, Lupin said in a statement.
The Mumbai-headquartered firm had earlier received approval from the US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) for the same.
"Lupin is the first applicant to file an abbreviated new drug application (ANDA) for Trizivir tablets and as such is entitled to 180 days of marketing exclusivity," it added.
The company's product is the generic equivalent of ViiV Healthcare's Trizivir tablets and is indicated in combination with other antiretrovirals or alone for the treatment of HIV-1 infection.
According to IMS MAT September 2013 sales data, Trizivir tablets had annual US sales of around USD 111.6 million.
Lupin's cumulative ANDA filings with the USFDA as of October 30 stands at 183 and the Mumbai-headquartered firm has received 93 approvals to date.
During the current year, the company has so far received 18 approvals from USFDA. It has also launched 14 products in the US market in the current year so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you