Lupin launches HIV drug in the US with marketing exclusivity
New Delhi: Drug major Lupin Wednesday said it has launched the generic version of ViiV Healthcare's (ViiV) Trizivir tablets in the US market with 180-days of marketing exclusivity.
The company said its US subsidiary Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc has launched Abacavir Sulfate, Lamivudine, and Zidovudine tablets in the US market after the US District Court for the District of Delaware ruled that Lupin's generic version of Trizivir did not infringe on patents, Lupin said in a statement.
The Mumbai-headquartered firm had earlier received approval from the US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) for the same.
"Lupin is the first applicant to file an abbreviated new drug application (ANDA) for Trizivir tablets and as such is entitled to 180 days of marketing exclusivity," it added.
The company's product is the generic equivalent of ViiV Healthcare's Trizivir tablets and is indicated in combination with other antiretrovirals or alone for the treatment of HIV-1 infection.
According to IMS MAT September 2013 sales data, Trizivir tablets had annual US sales of around USD 111.6 million.
Lupin's cumulative ANDA filings with the USFDA as of October 30 stands at 183 and the Mumbai-headquartered firm has received 93 approvals to date.
During the current year, the company has so far received 18 approvals from USFDA. It has also launched 14 products in the US market in the current year so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 28, 2015
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!