Lupin receives USFDA nod for Lorazepam Oral Concentrate
New Delhi: Drug firm Lupin today said it has received US health regulator`s approval to market its generic Lorazepam Oral Concentrate, used for treating anxiety disorders, in the American market.
Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc, a subsidiary of Lupin, has received final approval from US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) for its Lorazepam Oral Concentrate USP, Lupin Ltd said in a statement.
The Mumbai-headquartered firm`s product is a generic version of Roxane Inc`s Lorazepam Intensol and is indicated for the management of anxiety disorders or for the short- term relief of the symptoms of anxiety or anxiety associated with depressive symptoms, it added.
According to IMS MAT September 2012 sales data, Lorazepam Oral Concentrate had annual US sales of nearly USD 10.7 million.
Lupin scrip closed at Rs 594 on the BSE, down 0.21 per cent from its previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in