Lupin resumes anti-diabetic drug sales in US
New Delhi: Drug firm Lupin today said it has resumed sales of generic version of Shionogi`s Fortamet tablets, used in the treating diabetes, in the American market after getting clearance from a US Court.
"US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit has granted its (Lupin`s) request to stay the preliminary injunction that had earlier barred sales of its generic of Shionogi`s Fortamet tablets," Lupin said in a statement.
In December last year, Shionogi`s request for a preliminary injunction had been granted and had blocked Lupin from further sales of the product.
Lupin had received final approval for its generic version from the US Food and Drug Administration and had launched the product in September, 2011.
Following the court order, the Mumbai-headquartered firm said it has now resumed sales of the product in the US market, it added.
Fortamet is indicated as a supplement to diet and exercise to improve glycemic control in adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Citing IMS Health data, the company said annual US sales for Fortamet stood at USD 70.2 million for the twelve months ending December 2011.
Shares of Lupin were trading at Rs 556 on the BSE in afternoon trade, up 0.32 per cent from its previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3