Lying to docs could be harmful for you
Washington: Telling lies to your doctors could lead to serious health problems, a study has claimed.
According to a study conducted with the Cleveland Clinic, 28 percent patients said that they "lie or omit facts" when they visit their health care providers, CBS News reported.
Meanwhile, 77 percent of doctors and health care providers felt that 25 percent of their patients knowingly leave out facts or flat-out lie to them and 28 percent of doctors and providers estimated that at least 50 percent of their patients leave out facts or lie.
Studies have explained that they lie, as they don`t want to be judged, they don`t want to admit the truth and they don`t want a sermon.
CBS News medical contributor Dr. Holly Phillips said that seeing doctor makes people really take hold of what they are doing, it makes them look at their own behavior, and they might not want to accept what they are doing at the given time, so they lie a little.
"You often don`t want to hear a lecture. I tell my patients, `I don`t want to lecture you. You know what to do, but it`s my job to get you to do it,`" she said.
The most dangerous lies involve taking medications and herbal remedies, smoking, drinking, dieting and exercising.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read