Lying to docs could be harmful for you
Washington: Telling lies to your doctors could lead to serious health problems, a study has claimed.
According to a study conducted with the Cleveland Clinic, 28 percent patients said that they "lie or omit facts" when they visit their health care providers, CBS News reported.
Meanwhile, 77 percent of doctors and health care providers felt that 25 percent of their patients knowingly leave out facts or flat-out lie to them and 28 percent of doctors and providers estimated that at least 50 percent of their patients leave out facts or lie.
Studies have explained that they lie, as they don`t want to be judged, they don`t want to admit the truth and they don`t want a sermon.
CBS News medical contributor Dr. Holly Phillips said that seeing doctor makes people really take hold of what they are doing, it makes them look at their own behavior, and they might not want to accept what they are doing at the given time, so they lie a little.
"You often don`t want to hear a lecture. I tell my patients, `I don`t want to lecture you. You know what to do, but it`s my job to get you to do it,`" she said.
The most dangerous lies involve taking medications and herbal remedies, smoking, drinking, dieting and exercising.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India