Maharashtra medical camp enters Guinness book
Thane: A mega-health camp, in which over 150,000 people simultaneously underwent a medical check-up at a cricket stadium, has entered the Guinness Records, an organiser said here Saturday.
Organised by Shri Nanasaheb Dharmadhikari Prathisthan, people from Mumbai, Thane, Pune and other parts of the state thronged to the free camp at the DY Patil Stadium, Navi Mumbai.
Record keepers of Limca Book and Guinness Records noted it as the Largest Health Awareness Lesson (single venue) after it ended here late Friday.
Spiritual leader Appasaheb Dharmadhikari, son of the late Nanasaheb Dharmadhikari, from Raigad inaugurated the mega-camp with a call to people to take care of their health to lead a happy life.
He urged the 1,200 doctors, over 5,000 paramedics, and volunteers to counsel the participants and guide them on different health issues.
Braving the morning chill, thousands of patients queued up at 500 registration counters in 16 blocks and received their case papers before proceeding for their check-up.
A large number of ambulances were kept ready.
The camp also provided information about central and state health schemes and insurance options.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video