Malaria, jaundice claim 20 lives in Arunachal in a week
Itanagar: Diseases like malaria and jaundice have claimed 20 lives since last week in Longding district of Arunachal Pradesh, an official report said today.
"This is not the first time when such an epidemic has broken out in Wancho area. In the past, too many such epidemics have been reported. The reason may be due to the unhygienic way of living and lack of proper health-care facilities," the report said.
"Though medicines have been rushed they are hardly adequate," it said.
When contacted, Parliamentary Secretary for Information and Public Relation Department, Thangwang Wangham, said that the situation is alarming as every day new cases are being reported.
Wangham, who is the local MLA, said though health workers were in the field there was no tangible respite.
The MLA, who is camping at Longding to monitor the situation, has appealed the state government to send relief and more medicines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets