McDonald’s to open first veg-only outlets in India
Washington: US fast-food giant McDonald’s has planned to open its first vegetarian-only restaurants in India next year.
The fast food chain that brought the beef hamburger to the world says the locations in India will serve only vegetarian food because of customer preferences in the region.
According to Fox news, the firm, however, did not say when the restaurants would open or how many there would be.
Some reports, however, suggest that the firm is planning to open its outlet in Amritsar, and Katra near the Vaishno Devi.
McDonald`s said that its kitchens in India are already separated into sections for cooking vegetarian and non-vegetarian food
The fast food chain in India does not sell any beef or pork.
They also have menu items that cater to local tastes, such as the Maharaja Mac, which is a Big Mac made with chicken patties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah