Measures to control dengue to be intensified
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister today directed that measures be intensified for controlling the outbreak of Dengue fever in Assam where two persons have died from the disease this week.
At a review meeting here with health officials, Gogoi instructed that all steps be taken for controlling the disease and prevent its further spread.
Discussing the symptoms of the disease, how it spreads and the medical treatment being given to the people currently affected by dengue, Gogoi laid emphasis on creating public awareness.
Assuring that the government will take all measures to control the disease, he directed that measures will be taken for killing dengue mosquitoes in all the 31 municipal wards by fogging.
Stating 12 centres had been set up for testing dengue infection, Gogoi said a new diagnostic centre was also established in the MMC Civil Hospital here.
In 2012 he said five persons had died due to dengue and 966 affected, while this year 2 persons were confirmed to have died due to the disease and another 41 affected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say