Measures to control dengue to be intensified
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister today directed that measures be intensified for controlling the outbreak of Dengue fever in Assam where two persons have died from the disease this week.
At a review meeting here with health officials, Gogoi instructed that all steps be taken for controlling the disease and prevent its further spread.
Discussing the symptoms of the disease, how it spreads and the medical treatment being given to the people currently affected by dengue, Gogoi laid emphasis on creating public awareness.
Assuring that the government will take all measures to control the disease, he directed that measures will be taken for killing dengue mosquitoes in all the 31 municipal wards by fogging.
Stating 12 centres had been set up for testing dengue infection, Gogoi said a new diagnostic centre was also established in the MMC Civil Hospital here.
In 2012 he said five persons had died due to dengue and 966 affected, while this year 2 persons were confirmed to have died due to the disease and another 41 affected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Israel's Lieberman agrees terms to join Netanyahu government - spokesman
- Greece starts moving migrants from squalid border camp
- Vietnamese dissident a reluctant tourist during Obama visit
- Islamic State "falsely claiming" attacks in Bangladesh
- Protests turn violent outside Donald Trump's rally; clashes erupt