Medicine for dehydrated babies gaining popularity as quick hangover cure
New York: Pedialyte, the electrolyte-loaded liquid, which is given to dehydrated babies, has become popular among adults for hangover cure.
Pedialyte, a liquid meant for dehydrated infants suffering from vomiting and diarrhea, also works wonders after a long night of partying, the New York Daily News reported.
The adults who turn to the electrolyte-loaded solution compare it to a sports drink, but with less sugar.
College and graduate students in Chicago have asked a delivery company to start carrying Pedialyte, which fans swear by as a cure for hangovers.
Perhaps it is also catching on nationwide. Figures from market research firm IRI show that Pedialyte sales surged 16 percent in August compared to the same month in 2012, according to Grid Chicago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India-origin student tops CBSE class 12 result in Singapore
- Trump's San Diego rally draws more than 1,000 chanting protesters
- Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif to undergo open heart surgery; PM Modi wishes speedy recovery
- North Korean leader's aunt runs dry-cleaning store in New York
- North Korea warns South Korea of retaliatory strikes