Meet woman who got lab grown vagina implanted
New York: A woman who was born with Mayer-Rokitansky-Kuster-Hauser (MRKH) syndrome was recently implanted with a lab grown vagina and now leads a normal life.
The Mexican women who participated in the study said that she felt very fortunate because she could have a normal life, the New York Daily News reported.
She said that it is imperative to let other girls that have the same problem to know that there was a treatment and one could have a normal life.
The woman was 18-year-old when she had the procedure said that she was aware that she was the first one who got a vagina implanted.
MRKH is a syndrome where vagina is absent or underdeveloped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter