Meet woman who got lab grown vagina implanted
New York: A woman who was born with Mayer-Rokitansky-Kuster-Hauser (MRKH) syndrome was recently implanted with a lab grown vagina and now leads a normal life.
The Mexican women who participated in the study said that she felt very fortunate because she could have a normal life, the New York Daily News reported.
She said that it is imperative to let other girls that have the same problem to know that there was a treatment and one could have a normal life.
The woman was 18-year-old when she had the procedure said that she was aware that she was the first one who got a vagina implanted.
MRKH is a syndrome where vagina is absent or underdeveloped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah