Meet woman who got lab grown vagina implanted
New York: A woman who was born with Mayer-Rokitansky-Kuster-Hauser (MRKH) syndrome was recently implanted with a lab grown vagina and now leads a normal life.
The Mexican women who participated in the study said that she felt very fortunate because she could have a normal life, the New York Daily News reported.
She said that it is imperative to let other girls that have the same problem to know that there was a treatment and one could have a normal life.
The woman was 18-year-old when she had the procedure said that she was aware that she was the first one who got a vagina implanted.
MRKH is a syndrome where vagina is absent or underdeveloped.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living