MERS cases rise to 480 in Saudi Arabia
Riyadh: The number of MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome) coronavirus cases reached 480 in Saudi Arabia Saturday including 139 deaths, as six victims died in fresh incident, the country's health ministry said.
One of people was diagnosed but died within 24 hours, while the rest were critical cases, Xinhua quoted the ministry's website as saying.
Of the six new cases, one is receiving treatment in the intensive care, three are in stable condition and two are without symptoms. Three of the new cases have been reported from Riyadh, two from Jeddah and one from Mecca.
MERS is considered a deadly but less transmissible cousin of the SARS virus, which erupted in Asia in 2003 and infected thousands of people.
The coronavirus was first discovered in mid-2012 in an old man with acute pneumonia and renal failure.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark