Mexico surpasses US as the world`s most obese nation
Washington: Rising incomes of modern Mexicans and their consumption vices have helped them surpass the US to become the world`s fattest nation.
About 70 percent of adults in Mexico are obese and a 33 percent of them are very much so, the Global Post reported.
Childhood obesity tripled in a decade and about a third of teens are fat as well.
According to experts, four out of five of heavy kids will remain like that for their entire lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons