Mexico surpasses US as the world`s most obese nation
Washington: Rising incomes of modern Mexicans and their consumption vices have helped them surpass the US to become the world`s fattest nation.
About 70 percent of adults in Mexico are obese and a 33 percent of them are very much so, the Global Post reported.
Childhood obesity tripled in a decade and about a third of teens are fat as well.
According to experts, four out of five of heavy kids will remain like that for their entire lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath