Montek launches anti-hepatitis campaign
New Delhi: Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia Saturday launched here a free hepatitis vaccination campaign and a programme to prevent injuries to health care workers.
"Initiative for Needle Stick Injury Prevention in Healthcare Workers" campaign was launched by Ahluwalia at a function organised at the Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences to mark the sixth World Hepatitis Day.
A close to 1.4 million people die every year due to Hepatitis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday