Montek launches anti-hepatitis campaign
New Delhi: Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia Saturday launched here a free hepatitis vaccination campaign and a programme to prevent injuries to health care workers.
"Initiative for Needle Stick Injury Prevention in Healthcare Workers" campaign was launched by Ahluwalia at a function organised at the Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences to mark the sixth World Hepatitis Day.
A close to 1.4 million people die every year due to Hepatitis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch