Montek launches anti-hepatitis campaign
New Delhi: Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia Saturday launched here a free hepatitis vaccination campaign and a programme to prevent injuries to health care workers.
"Initiative for Needle Stick Injury Prevention in Healthcare Workers" campaign was launched by Ahluwalia at a function organised at the Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences to mark the sixth World Hepatitis Day.
A close to 1.4 million people die every year due to Hepatitis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UK's exit from EU: India prepared for all eventualities, says Shaktikanta Das
- Britain exits European Union, first country to leave 28-nation bloc
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III