Montek launches anti-hepatitis campaign
New Delhi: Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia Saturday launched here a free hepatitis vaccination campaign and a programme to prevent injuries to health care workers.
"Initiative for Needle Stick Injury Prevention in Healthcare Workers" campaign was launched by Ahluwalia at a function organised at the Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences to mark the sixth World Hepatitis Day.
A close to 1.4 million people die every year due to Hepatitis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India