Most women prefer surgery than diet to lose weight: Survey
London: Almost eight in 10 women prefer a
plastic surgery than adjusting their diet and exercise
patterns to lose weight, according to a new British survey.
The survey of 1,305 men and women has found that drastic
surgeries like liposuction, tummy tuck or gastric bypass are
the most preferred choices for over 50 per cent of the
respondents than the rigorous methods of diet control and
exercise to shed their excess weight.
Women see weight-loss operations as the key to quick
results while some men regard it as the "lazy option", said
the survey carried out by website www.goodsurgeonguide.co.uk.
Asked how they would like to lose excess weight,
liposuction was the most popular with women (34 per cent),
followed by gastric bypass (26 per cent) and cutting calories
(14 per cent).
Eight per cent would opt for a tummy tuck while just 2
per cent said they would exercise more and 6 per cent would
combine diet and exercise, the Telegraph reported.
Overall, 26 per cent of women said they never exercise
and would rather endure the discomfort of surgery than visit a
gym once a week.
Christiana Clogg, owner of The Good Surgeon Guide, said:
"Obesity is a huge issue in the UK. The nation certainly needs
to get healthier; however we also need to get fitter.
"Surgery may be a quick fix and give great results, but
it doesn`t always improve underlying health or psychological
Meanwhile, more than half of men (52 per cent) said they
would rather lose their extra pounds by increasing the amount
The next most popular option for men wanting to shed
pounds was having a tummy tuck (19 per cent) followed by
liposuction (11 per cent).
However, 63 per cent of men regarded surgery as "the lazy
option" while only 7 per cent combining diet and exercise, the
Liposuction is a cosmetic surgery that removes fat from
different parts of the body, while tummy tuck, or
abdominoplasty, is a surgery used to make the abdomen more
Gastric bypass is another type of surgery for losing
weight after which one cannot be able to eat as much as
Clog added: "If people are considering weight-loss
surgery they could be suffering from low self-esteem -- this
is when people can get blinded by low prices and technical
"Researching the practitioner and surgery is absolutely
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list