Mulberry: The new anti-ageing superfood
London: Researchers at Brunswick Laboratories in the US found mulberry juice contained more than twice as many antioxidants as orange and cranberry juice, or a handful of blueberries.
"Mulberries have been used since ancient times to protect people from colds and other ailments, so I`m not surprised the fruit is a rich source of antioxidants," the Daily Express quoted spokesman Paul Green as saying.
"Antioxidants are known for aiding the immune system which protects the body against germs and viruses. But they`re also a viable alternative to botox and other medical procedures thanks to their anti-ageing properties. Resveratrol is believed to help but not everyone wants to drink wine all the time to benefit from it, so mulberry juice is a refreshing, non-alcoholic alternative," added Green.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- Kajol laments lack of 'exciting' scripts
- 'Sarbjit' Box Office collections: Randeep Hooda-Aishwarya Rai Bachchan starrer mints Rs 8.25 cr!
- Photo alert! Latest pic of Twinkle Khanna with daughter Nitara will surely make you go aww
- Will drag Preeti Menon to court: Maharastra minister Eknath Khadse on 'links' with Dawood
- Handsomeness! Randeep Hooda and Dino Morea party looking debonair-- See pics