Mumbai hospital expands neonatal care unit
Mumbai: The Bai Jerbai Wadia Hospital in Mumbai expanded its neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) to make it the largest NICU in the country.
A total 35 beds were added to the NICU, enhancing its capacity to 110 beds.
The Mumbai-based Siddhivinayak Ganpati Temple Trust helped in extending the existing NICU with 20 fully equipped beds with full support of monitoring and care to the newborn.
Maharashtra Health Minister Suresh Shetty and Urban Development Minister Uday Samant inaugurated the new facility Thursday.
"It is indeed a matter of great pride and satisfaction that we now house the largest NICU facility in the country through which we will be able to provide healthcare to many more newborns with state of the art facilities," said Minnie Bodhanwala, CEO of Wadia Hospital.
The hospital now has 16 dedicated NICU ventilators for the newborns which include two high frequency ventilators with nitric oxide making our hospital the only hospital in public sector to have this facility, Bodhanwala added.
"I feel proud to be a part of this noble endeavour, which I believe will bring an enormous shift in the neonatal mortality rate," Shetty said.
"The cause of healthcare for the underprivileged is very close to my heart. Two years ago many people thought that the hospital would close down, but we have worked very hard to make it the best paediatric care hospital in India," said Ness Wadia, board member, Wadia Hospitals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Flipkart offers Rs 1.5 lakh bonus to IITs, IIMs hires amid joining delay
- Yuvraj Singh: Onus on Sunrisers Hyderabad's all-rounder to guide Warner & Co to IPL final vs RCB
- Moved on after Twitter-spat with Irani: Priyanka Chaturvedi
- Speculation abounds over new Taliban chief`s leaked photo
- Watch video: This is just not the way this cat's humans expected it to behave on seeing a rat!