NDMC challans AIIMS for not taking dengue preventive measures
New Delhi: The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) hospital here has been challaned by the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) for failing to take preventive measures to check breeding of mosquitoes.
The civic body had issued a notice to the premier health institute a week ago asking its administration to clear a pond located inside the premises as it could become a possible breeding ground for mosquitoes, which could be lead to spread of dengue.
But the hospital administration failed to take any step in this direction, following which the NDMC had issued a challan yesterday, an NDMC health official told PTI.
However, after the challan, the hospital has began the process of clearing the waterbody and filling it with sand, he said.
Till date, seven cases of dengue have been reported in the national capital.
However, no case has been reported from the area falling under the jurisdiction of NDMC, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- AgustaWestland scam: Arvind Kejriwal dares BJP to arrest Congress chief Sonia Gandhi
- VITEEE 2016 exam results declared! Check VIT Engineering Entrance Examination ranks now
- Sensex cracks below 26,000-mark, tanks 461 points
- Ranbir Kapoor's superhero dreams shattered?
- Make PM Narendra Modi's educational qualification public; people want to know truth: Arvind Kejriwal