NDMC challans AIIMS for not taking dengue preventive measures
New Delhi: The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) hospital here has been challaned by the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) for failing to take preventive measures to check breeding of mosquitoes.
The civic body had issued a notice to the premier health institute a week ago asking its administration to clear a pond located inside the premises as it could become a possible breeding ground for mosquitoes, which could be lead to spread of dengue.
But the hospital administration failed to take any step in this direction, following which the NDMC had issued a challan yesterday, an NDMC health official told PTI.
However, after the challan, the hospital has began the process of clearing the waterbody and filling it with sand, he said.
Till date, seven cases of dengue have been reported in the national capital.
However, no case has been reported from the area falling under the jurisdiction of NDMC, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!