NDMC`s unique scheme to promote health
New Delhi: The New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) is setting up 33 eco-friendly gyms in public places here in a unique effort to promote health among citizens.
According to NDMC chairperson Jalaj Shrivastava, the locations of these gyms - which can be used for free - will include public utility services including some leading parks.
Shrivastava said the aim was to make residents of the NDMC area -- which constitutes the heart of Delhi -- health conscious. But these gyms will be open to everyone in the capital.
The venues include working women hostels, old age homes, 10 senior secondary schools, Nehru Park, Central Park (Connaught Place), Talkatora Garden, the NDMC Club and Vidyut Bhavan.
The equipment will be eco-friendly and were designed for use, with minimum risk, by people of any age, added the chairperson.
The entire gym set will cost the NDMC about Rs.1.9 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today