New app maintains motivation during weight loss programme
Washington: Researchers have created and tested a mobile phone app to support people, who are set to embark on a partial meal replacement program (MRP).
In the study, overweight or obese women were randomly allocated to one of two study groups, an intervention group and a control group.
The intervention group received an MRP Support app and the control group got a static app based on the information available with the MRP. A total of 58 adult women participated in the 8-week trial.
Objective data suggests that users of the Support app were more engaged than those using the control app.
Women in the intervention group reported a raise in positive affect like mood than those in the control group.
At Week 8, women in the control group reported a greater decrease in the effort they were willing to put into staying on the diet than those who received the Support app.
Preliminary data suggests that the MRP Support app has the potential to increase positive mood and maintain motivation during a weight loss programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!