New gel takes the needle out of botox treatments
New York: A new topical gel containing the same ingredient as Botox could soon be within reach to help you get rid of wrinkles without the pain of needles, doctors say.
The product, created by Revance Therapeutics in California, has undergone two clinical studies, and has shown promising results with few side effects, reports the New York Daily News.
For the product to take effect, a patient needs to sit with the gel around the eye area for 30 minutes so that it can penetrate the skin to “relax” the underlying muscles, before it is wiped off.
Also, the gel needs to undergo another round of trials before reaching approval from the Food and Drug Administration.
The study will be presented at the annual meeting of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons in Denver, Colorado.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion