New gel takes the needle out of botox treatments
New York: A new topical gel containing the same ingredient as Botox could soon be within reach to help you get rid of wrinkles without the pain of needles, doctors say.
The product, created by Revance Therapeutics in California, has undergone two clinical studies, and has shown promising results with few side effects, reports the New York Daily News.
For the product to take effect, a patient needs to sit with the gel around the eye area for 30 minutes so that it can penetrate the skin to “relax” the underlying muscles, before it is wiped off.
Also, the gel needs to undergo another round of trials before reaching approval from the Food and Drug Administration.
The study will be presented at the annual meeting of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons in Denver, Colorado.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?