New glasses to help relieve dry eyes
Tokyo: A Japanese firm has developed a pair of eyeglasses that force computer users who suffer from dry eyes to blink at regular intervals by fogging up.
The eye wear developed by Masunaga Optical reflexively makes users blink by fogging up for 0.2 seconds in 10 second intervals.
The glasses are powered by a small battery in the left arm.
Pressing a switch on the right arm makes the weak electrical current automatically cut off for 0.2 seconds once every 10 seconds, causing liquid crystal sheets on the lenses to momentarily fog up002E
Staring at screens on computers, cell phones and other electronic devices for long periods leads to less frequent blinking, increasing the likelihood of dry eye syndrome.
The glasses prevent the eyes from drying out by prompting a reflexive blink when the lenses fog up, the report said.
The glasses weigh 33 grammes, somewhat heavier than a standard pair of eyeglasses (15-20 grammes), but they do not feel much different than normal glasses.
The glasses have been priced for 15,750 yen (USD 153) and for an additional charge, customers can have them fitted with prescription lenses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video