New glasses uses tongue to help blind see
London: Blind people can soon have their sight restored, thanks to a device that uses the tongue to help them see.
The device involves a camera mounted on a pair of glasses being connected to a sensor on the patient`s tongue, which then sends signals from the camera to the brain, bypassing the user`s damaged eyesight, a newspaper reported.
A camera attached to the glasses captures a moving image. The BrainPort device transfers the image via a cable to a lollipop attachment on the tongue.
Electrodes tingle on the tongue to reflect the image with darker areas creating stronger pulses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal