New laser scanner can detect arthritis before symptoms start
Zee Media Bureau
London: British scientists are developing a new laser scanner which could revolutionise arthritis treatment. This device can detect arthritis even before the symptoms start.
The new scanner could help start arthritis treatment by spotting signs of the crippling disease before it has done painful and irreversible damage to cartilage in the joints.
Professor Allen Goodship, of University College London said that the research is at an early stage but the results are promising and possibly in the future, the technique, called Spatially Offset Raman Spectroscopy, could be effective as a screening tool.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt