New laser scanner can detect arthritis before symptoms start
Zee Media Bureau
London: British scientists are developing a new laser scanner which could revolutionise arthritis treatment. This device can detect arthritis even before the symptoms start.
The new scanner could help start arthritis treatment by spotting signs of the crippling disease before it has done painful and irreversible damage to cartilage in the joints.
Professor Allen Goodship, of University College London said that the research is at an early stage but the results are promising and possibly in the future, the technique, called Spatially Offset Raman Spectroscopy, could be effective as a screening tool.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arvind Kejriwal questions PM Narendra Modi's qualification, report claims he scored 62.3% in MA
- WATCH: When Virat Kohli applauded David Warner's 'helicopter' shot during SRH-RCB match
- Uttarakhand forest fire: WATCH - How IAF's Mi-17 lifts water from Bhimtal lake to spray it over affected areas
- Priyanka Chopra attends White House Correspondents' dinner, gets clicked with President Obama
- AgustaWestland scam: Manohar Parrikar to place all details about deal before Parliament on May 4