New medical treatment freezes away extra body fat
Washington: A Harvard University scientist has developed a new medical treatment that freezes extra fat and tightens the skin.
The one-hour treatment called Zeltiq is the brainchild of Rox Anderson and was just approved by the FDA, reports ABC News.
A vacuum like device pulls in those annoying bits around the middle and literally freezes them. The fat cells die a slow death over 6 to 8 weeks and the results are dramatic.
"It``s incredibly popular. I mean, first of all, when people first hear about it, they think it``s too good to be true. They can``t even believe it. And then when I explain it, they say, "Does this really work? But the patients we``ve done, they``ve just been ecstatic," said Debra Jaliman, a dermatologist.
In its ability to target a specific area, Zeltiq is similar to liposuction. But it``s not surgery, and the lack of pain and recovery time has made this one of the hottest treatments.
However, results are not immediate – they can take five to eight weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- In Indonesia, eat sumptuous food served in a commode literally! – Must Watch
- Unbelievable! This son of a billionaire works as aam aadmi
- Fresh clashes in Kashmir; one youth killed in firing, death toll rises to 45
- Meher Malik is driving internet crazy with her terrific belly moves on 'Game of Thrones' theme song!- Watch
- Axis Bank Q1 profit dips 21% at Rs 1,556 crore