New medical treatment freezes away extra body fat
Washington: A Harvard University scientist has developed a new medical treatment that freezes extra fat and tightens the skin.
The one-hour treatment called Zeltiq is the brainchild of Rox Anderson and was just approved by the FDA, reports ABC News.
A vacuum like device pulls in those annoying bits around the middle and literally freezes them. The fat cells die a slow death over 6 to 8 weeks and the results are dramatic.
"It``s incredibly popular. I mean, first of all, when people first hear about it, they think it``s too good to be true. They can``t even believe it. And then when I explain it, they say, "Does this really work? But the patients we``ve done, they``ve just been ecstatic," said Debra Jaliman, a dermatologist.
In its ability to target a specific area, Zeltiq is similar to liposuction. But it``s not surgery, and the lack of pain and recovery time has made this one of the hottest treatments.
However, results are not immediate – they can take five to eight weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured