New medical treatment freezes away extra body fat
Washington: A Harvard University scientist has developed a new medical treatment that freezes extra fat and tightens the skin.
The one-hour treatment called Zeltiq is the brainchild of Rox Anderson and was just approved by the FDA, reports ABC News.
A vacuum like device pulls in those annoying bits around the middle and literally freezes them. The fat cells die a slow death over 6 to 8 weeks and the results are dramatic.
"It``s incredibly popular. I mean, first of all, when people first hear about it, they think it``s too good to be true. They can``t even believe it. And then when I explain it, they say, "Does this really work? But the patients we``ve done, they``ve just been ecstatic," said Debra Jaliman, a dermatologist.
In its ability to target a specific area, Zeltiq is similar to liposuction. But it``s not surgery, and the lack of pain and recovery time has made this one of the hottest treatments.
However, results are not immediate – they can take five to eight weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli