New medical treatment freezes away extra body fat
Washington: A Harvard University scientist has developed a new medical treatment that freezes extra fat and tightens the skin.
The one-hour treatment called Zeltiq is the brainchild of Rox Anderson and was just approved by the FDA, reports ABC News.
A vacuum like device pulls in those annoying bits around the middle and literally freezes them. The fat cells die a slow death over 6 to 8 weeks and the results are dramatic.
"It``s incredibly popular. I mean, first of all, when people first hear about it, they think it``s too good to be true. They can``t even believe it. And then when I explain it, they say, "Does this really work? But the patients we``ve done, they``ve just been ecstatic," said Debra Jaliman, a dermatologist.
In its ability to target a specific area, Zeltiq is similar to liposuction. But it``s not surgery, and the lack of pain and recovery time has made this one of the hottest treatments.
However, results are not immediate – they can take five to eight weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested