New screening strategy introduced to develop possible drug candidates
Washington: Scientists have developed a new drug-discovery strategy, which will help them in rapidly selecting chemical compounds that will have a desired effect on cells.
Researchers from the Scripps Research Institute (TSRI) has also tried to highlight how these compounds will work.
Scientists have identified a compound that shows promise for treating obesity-linked diabetes by using the innovative technique, and were able to identify the fat-cell enzyme that the compound inhibits.
The strategy uses the increasing availability of special libraries of related compounds that act as inhibitors of entire enzyme classes.
The researchers have used a set of compounds, recently synthesized by Cravatt's laboratory, that tend to inhibit serine hydrolases.
The researchers have been able to use combined phenotypic screening and target-identification approach to quickly discover, characterize and carry out preclinical tests of a potential new drug for obesity-linked diabetes.
The study was published an advance online issue of Nature Chemical Biology.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27 at 9 AM
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron