New ultrasound toothbrush `may revolutionise oral hygiene`
Washington: A US based company has developed a new technology that will change the way we brush our teeth.
More than 75 percent of American adults have some form of gum disease - but the condition is completely preventable.
Peer Blumenschein, CEO of Emmi-Tech, Inc., recently spoke with Fox News Health about a new technology that is changing the way we brush our teeth - the Emmi-Dent Ultrasonic Toothbrush.
“It’s a new device in the United States,” Fox News quoted Peer Blumenschein, CEO of Emmi-Tech, Inc., said.
“And it’s the first toothbrush which runs 100 percent on ultrasound, so the ultrasound cleans. You do not have to brush - so it’s a ‘no brushing’ toothbrush,” he said.
The toothbrush, modelled after the average dental teeth cleaning, uses devices with ultrasonic power to break down tartar. But unlike conventional cleanings, the Emmi-Dent brush utilizes microwaves with significantly less power.
“It’s just enough to kill the bacteria in your mouth - in your gums, on the teeth - so that you don’t destroy the teeth or the enamel and basically don’t harm your oral system,” Blumenschein added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble