New ultrasound toothbrush `may revolutionise oral hygiene`
Washington: A US based company has developed a new technology that will change the way we brush our teeth.
More than 75 percent of American adults have some form of gum disease - but the condition is completely preventable.
Peer Blumenschein, CEO of Emmi-Tech, Inc., recently spoke with Fox News Health about a new technology that is changing the way we brush our teeth - the Emmi-Dent Ultrasonic Toothbrush.
“It’s a new device in the United States,” Fox News quoted Peer Blumenschein, CEO of Emmi-Tech, Inc., said.
“And it’s the first toothbrush which runs 100 percent on ultrasound, so the ultrasound cleans. You do not have to brush - so it’s a ‘no brushing’ toothbrush,” he said.
The toothbrush, modelled after the average dental teeth cleaning, uses devices with ultrasonic power to break down tartar. But unlike conventional cleanings, the Emmi-Dent brush utilizes microwaves with significantly less power.
“It’s just enough to kill the bacteria in your mouth - in your gums, on the teeth - so that you don’t destroy the teeth or the enamel and basically don’t harm your oral system,” Blumenschein added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt