New wireless brain implant may help Alzheimer`s patients
Washington: The Pentagon is looking at a wireless brain implant that allows wounded soldiers to recover motor skills lost through head trauma.
According to Bloomberg, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency's RFP may one day be able to successfully treat Alzheimer's disease.
Bloomberg said that the Darpa initiative isn't designed to recover the type of memories used to recall a person's name, and instead will help wounded warriors recover 'task-based motor skills that are necessary for life or seeking livelihood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?