New wireless brain implant may help Alzheimer`s patients
Washington: The Pentagon is looking at a wireless brain implant that allows wounded soldiers to recover motor skills lost through head trauma.
According to Bloomberg, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency's RFP may one day be able to successfully treat Alzheimer's disease.
Bloomberg said that the Darpa initiative isn't designed to recover the type of memories used to recall a person's name, and instead will help wounded warriors recover 'task-based motor skills that are necessary for life or seeking livelihood.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark