New wireless brain implant may help Alzheimer`s patients
Washington: The Pentagon is looking at a wireless brain implant that allows wounded soldiers to recover motor skills lost through head trauma.
According to Bloomberg, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency's RFP may one day be able to successfully treat Alzheimer's disease.
Bloomberg said that the Darpa initiative isn't designed to recover the type of memories used to recall a person's name, and instead will help wounded warriors recover 'task-based motor skills that are necessary for life or seeking livelihood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident