New wireless brain implant may help Alzheimer`s patients
Washington: The Pentagon is looking at a wireless brain implant that allows wounded soldiers to recover motor skills lost through head trauma.
According to Bloomberg, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency's RFP may one day be able to successfully treat Alzheimer's disease.
Bloomberg said that the Darpa initiative isn't designed to recover the type of memories used to recall a person's name, and instead will help wounded warriors recover 'task-based motor skills that are necessary for life or seeking livelihood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days