No ebola case in India, no need for panic: Harsh Vardhan
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Ebola epidemic has been declared an international health emergency by WHO. Amid global concern over spread of this deadly virus, Health Minister Harsh Vardhan assured the Indians that the government is taking all precautions and there is no such case reported in India.
"As of today, this moment, there is no Ebola case reported in India. There is no need to panic," he said.
The Minister said government was taking all precautions well in advance and keeping a close watch on the movement of people into India from countries affected by the virus.
He had recently informed the Lok Sabha that there could be possibility of Indians staying in the Ebola affected countries travelling back to India.
Mandatory self reporting by the passengers coming from or transiting through the affected countries would be required at immigration check, Vardhan had said, adding in-flight announcements regarding this would also be made by the airlines.
"There is no high risk of spread of this disease in India in principle. It is currently in African region mainly. It is assessed to be low risk in India and outside Africa. But nevertheless, people travel, things can happen. India is equipped in terms of having all systems in place. However, what matters is, systems are working without any failure," said Dr. Nata Menabde, WHO Representative to India.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference