No Ebola symptoms, person discharged in Chennai
Chennai: A city hospital Sunday discharged a person kept under observation after no symptoms of Ebola were found but health authorities will monitor him for 21 days.
He flew in Saturday night from the west African country Guinea, said a senior official.
Rajiv Gandhi Government General Hospital resident medical officer A. Illango said: "The person was kept only as a quarantine measure from Saturday night. His blood samples have been taken and sent to the National Institute of Virology, Pune for testing."
According to Illango, the person was discharged and sent to his native Theni district as he did not show any symptoms of suffering from the Ebola disease.
He said the person will, however, be under observation of the district health authorities for 21 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- MCI could be dead; new body may nurse medical education in India
- G20 nations warn of Brexit risk to global growth
- Flood threat: Water level on rise in various rivers in Bihar; Kosi, Bagmati flow above danger mark
- Our plan was to bowl maiden overs against West Indies, says Umesh Yadav
- India bowled with a lot of discipline, says Kraigg Brathwaite