No Ebola symptoms, person discharged in Chennai
Chennai: A city hospital Sunday discharged a person kept under observation after no symptoms of Ebola were found but health authorities will monitor him for 21 days.
He flew in Saturday night from the west African country Guinea, said a senior official.
Rajiv Gandhi Government General Hospital resident medical officer A. Illango said: "The person was kept only as a quarantine measure from Saturday night. His blood samples have been taken and sent to the National Institute of Virology, Pune for testing."
According to Illango, the person was discharged and sent to his native Theni district as he did not show any symptoms of suffering from the Ebola disease.
He said the person will, however, be under observation of the district health authorities for 21 days.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India