Now, a blood test that can detect early diabetes risk
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Researchers at Tel Aviv University have revealed a simple blood test that can help detect the risk of developing type-2 diabetes by an individual at an early stage.
Doctors conducted the test to determine the levels of glycated haemoglobin, or A1c, in the blood and found that more amount of A1c is produced when the blood glucose levels are high in the body.
The researchers further studied the medical history of over 10,000 patients, to evaluate the A1c test's ability to screen for diabetes in patients who are at high-risk.
As per the results, overall, 22.5 percent of the patients developed diabetes within five to eight years.
Every 0.5 percent increase in A1c levels up to 7 percent doubled the patients' risk of developing diabetes.
The findings have been published in the European Journal of General Practice.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video