Now, biosensors to signal when you are sick
Washington: Scientists are coming up with biosensors which when implanted in your body could even signals when you`re getting sick - almost like the "check engine" light in a car.
One such medical device that`s heading for clinical trials, perhaps later in 2011 is a robotic arm that moves almost like a natural arm.
It works to a control system that monitors brain activity via a biosensor implanted on the surface of a patient`s brain. That project aims to provide better artificial arms for wounded soldiers.
Scientists and medical device regulators are working together to fast track approval of such "biosensors" and devices.
Biosensors monitor changes in the body, often "disease markers" - proteins, genes and other biochemical substances involved in health and disease. And they raise a red flag when things go awry.
The study appeared in the current edition of Chemical & Engineering News (C&EN).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!