Now book OPD doctor appointment through phones at AIIMS
Zee Media Bureau/Salome Phelamei
New Delhi: Bringing much relief to thousands of patients, the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) introduced patient-oriented services on e-healthcare, including interactive voice response (IVR) based appointment system for patients at the OPD.
The IVR system makes it possible for patients to book an appointment with doctors over phone by dialling 09266092660. Soon after making a call from your cellphone, you will get an SMS confirming the appointment. The idea is to avoid crowding and so that patients do not jump queue.
AIIMS already has an online system for booking appointments and since September 1, taking an appointment at the OPD has been made mandatory for both old and new patients.
Other new services include- Patient Display System (PDS) IVR based appointment system at the emergency department, Live Patient Statistics Display (LPSD).
These services will be inaugurated by Minister of State for Science and Technology, Jitendra Singh at the 4th international conference and workshop on cost-effective use of technology in e-healthcare in New Delhi.
Also, there is a 25 percent tatkal quota for new walk-in patients for each department and these patients will also be seen only after booking of a current appointment.
MC Misra, Director of AIIMS, said that all patients will be seen only after booking appointments at AIIMS after the inauguration of the new system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing