Now, consult doctors at the touch of a button
Bangalore: Virtual Medical Kiosk, which enables patients to consult a wide array of doctors at the touch of a button from wherever they are and whenever they want, was launched here.
The device could be deployed in a variety of places: in a corporate for employees` use, at a retail store, old age homes or even in a gated community, said ehealth Access Pvt Ltd, the company focused on developing a healthcare eco system through advanced telemedicine technology, which launched it.
The Kiosk enables patient-doctor consultation in a secure environment and they can communicate through phone, web cams, video conferencing, messaging or chat.
The kiosk is embedded with a touch screen system, audio-video capabilities, diagnostic equipment, scanner and medical management software capable of recording personal health data to give a real-life experience through a proprietary platform developed by ehealth Access, the company said in a statement.
"It facilitates on-demand real-time consultations with medical professionals at any given time of the day", it said.
“Access to a primary healthcare system in India is perceived a challenge, the Virtual Medical Kiosk devised by ehealth Access aims to change this perception forever,” said Jayadeep Reddy, CEO and Founder, ehealth Access.
Ramprabhu T K, Co-founder and Technology Director, ehealth Access, said "there is limited access to doctors in major portions of semi-urban and rural India. The medical kiosk will act as a bridge to bring the medical practitioner closer to the people in need for medical consultation".
The kiosk also aims at reaching out as a channel to help government towards the implementation of Universal Health Care programme with the help of NGOs in remote places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire