Now, explore your brain in real time with virtual reality system
Washington: Researchers have developed a new way to explore the human brain in virtual reality.
The system, which is developed by Philip Rosedale and Adam Gazzaley , neuroscientist at the University of California San Francisco, combines brain scanning, brain recording and virtual reality to allow a user to journey through a person's brain in real-time, CBS News reported.
Gazzaley said that people have never been able to step inside the structures of the brain to see it in this way and this system is biofeedback on the next level.
Rosedale made his wife a cap studded with electroencephalogram (EEG) electrodes that measure differences in electric potential in order to record brain activity, while he wore a virtual reality headset to explore her brain in 3D, as flashes of light displayed her brain activity from the EEG.
The glass brain didn't actually show Rosedale's wife was thinking, but Gazzaley's team ultimately hopes to get closer to decoding brain signals and displaying them using the virtual reality system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read