Now, fashionable necklace that acts as a hearing aid
Washington: A US-based company has designed a hearing aid which looks like a regular necklace that users can wear around their neck.
'Wear' is an assistive device designed to improve quality of life for people with hearing loss.
The device is a high fidelity directional analog microphone which can be used with any pair of headphones, has a volume control, is rechargeable and comfortable to wear.
The 'necklace' incorporates a directional microphone technology that creates a 6 foot zone which captures, focuses and clarifies conversations in noisy environments, while reducing the effects of extraneous noise, according to the product description on Kickstarter website.
The team behind the project, Eric Rosenthal and Michelle Temple from Brooklyn, New York, cautioned that wear is not a replacement for a hearing aid.
Wear, which is 2 inches in diameter and weighs 28 g, is designed to be used when an individual is interested in having a quality conversation in very noisy environments like family get togethers, restaurants or meetings, they said.
Wear can also be used as a commentators microphone eliminating the need to hold a microphone during an interview and other high quality audio recording applications.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test