Now, find `cancer tumours in body in 1 session’
London: A ‘satnav’ like radiotherapy device promises to help doctors treat patients with tumours almost anywhere in the body in a single session.
The Novalis Tx machine uses a targeting system to destroy cancerous cells and helps to protect surrounding healthy tissue. The devices will go into service at two other specialist NHS cancer centres in Edinburgh and Manchester.
"Unlike some other highly specialised radiation treatment machines, the Novalis Tx can treat many different types of cancer all over the body, allowing us to treat more cancer patients with a single device,” the Scotsman quoted Dr Brian Haylock, consultant oncologist and clinical director for radiotherapy at Clatterbridge, as saying.
"This coupled with the speed with which we can treat patients - in some cases in as little as 15 minutes in just one session - means the equipment will be available for the benefit of more patients here in the UK,” he added.
Sue Farrington-Smith, director of the charity Brain Tumour Research, said, "We are delighted that advanced brain tumour treatments like the Novalis Tx are now available to cancer patients on the NHS.
"The work of Clatterbridge and The Walton Centre Trusts in Liverpool will undoubtedly provide the best cancer care for their patients."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray