Now, scanner to calculate calories in food
New York: A new food scanner has been designed which uses lasers to determine an item's chemical composition and then sends the calorie and ingredient information to an app.
The ' TellSpec' food scanner is a nifty gadget that connects to your smartphone and gives you calorie counts, allergy info, and details about food, just by scanning it, the New York Daily News reported.
The scanners spectrometer uses lasers to evaluate an object's chemical composition and uses an algorithm to calculate ingredients, calories and whether or not the food contains gluten, trans fats, or pesticides, even in trace amounts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Two legends, one pic! Amitabh Bachchan shares memorable moment with father Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Rohan Bopanna, Leander Paes reach French Open quarters
- Narendra Modi addresses 'Vikas Parv' rally in Karnataka, unveils cooking gas scheme for poor
- Vidya Balan would love to be directed by brother-in-law
- Monaco Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton ends his wait, Sergio Perez completes podium