Obesity drugs to lose weight in middle-age
Zee Media Bureau
London: Middle-age can lose weight and stay fit with the help of obesity drugs, a new study revealed.
The study has paved a way for the creation of obesity drugs that might re-ignite the appetite controlling signals. It has become less efficient with age, according to the researchers from the University of Aberdeen-led, reported the Daily Express.
Lora Heisler, lead scientist and Proffessor, said that the research focussed on the cells in the area of the brain that made important brain hormones called pro-opionmelanocortin(POMC) peptides, which controls one's appetite.
As people approach mid-life these cells slow down and become lazier in sending these signals, which leads to a misjudgment of how much food their body needs, added Lora.
The study is published in the journal Endocrinology.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported