Obesity drugs to lose weight in middle-age
Zee Media Bureau
London: Middle-age can lose weight and stay fit with the help of obesity drugs, a new study revealed.
The study has paved a way for the creation of obesity drugs that might re-ignite the appetite controlling signals. It has become less efficient with age, according to the researchers from the University of Aberdeen-led, reported the Daily Express.
Lora Heisler, lead scientist and Proffessor, said that the research focussed on the cells in the area of the brain that made important brain hormones called pro-opionmelanocortin(POMC) peptides, which controls one's appetite.
As people approach mid-life these cells slow down and become lazier in sending these signals, which leads to a misjudgment of how much food their body needs, added Lora.
The study is published in the journal Endocrinology.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed