Obesity drugs to lose weight in middle-age
Zee Media Bureau
London: Middle-age can lose weight and stay fit with the help of obesity drugs, a new study revealed.
The study has paved a way for the creation of obesity drugs that might re-ignite the appetite controlling signals. It has become less efficient with age, according to the researchers from the University of Aberdeen-led, reported the Daily Express.
Lora Heisler, lead scientist and Proffessor, said that the research focussed on the cells in the area of the brain that made important brain hormones called pro-opionmelanocortin(POMC) peptides, which controls one's appetite.
As people approach mid-life these cells slow down and become lazier in sending these signals, which leads to a misjudgment of how much food their body needs, added Lora.
The study is published in the journal Endocrinology.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!