Odisha confirms 93 new dengue cases
Bhubaneswar: At least 93 new dengue cases were reported Tuesday in Odisha, taking the total number of affected people to 2,593 since June, an official said.
The menace shows no signs of abetting with government hospitals in many parts of the state receiving scores of patients every day, a state health control room official told IANS.
Of the new cases, maximum 27 tested positive for the virus in Khordha district, followed by 20 from adjoining Cuttack, he said.
As many as 156 and 28 patients are undergoing treatment at Cuttack`s Sriram Chandra Bhanja Medical College and Hospital, 26 km from here, and Bhubaneswar`s Capital Hospital, respectively. Of them, 51 were hospitalised Tuesday, he said.
The mosquito-borne disease has spread to 26 of the state`s 30 districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- E-cigarettes can help eliminate smoking in 30 years: Research
- Standing desks in schools may help reduce weight in kids: Study
- Common chemical can make male turtles behave like females
- Kabul: One dead, 14 hurt in attack on American University
- Security beefed up in Mathura for Krishna Janmashtami celebrations