Odisha confirms 93 new dengue cases
Bhubaneswar: At least 93 new dengue cases were reported Tuesday in Odisha, taking the total number of affected people to 2,593 since June, an official said.
The menace shows no signs of abetting with government hospitals in many parts of the state receiving scores of patients every day, a state health control room official told IANS.
Of the new cases, maximum 27 tested positive for the virus in Khordha district, followed by 20 from adjoining Cuttack, he said.
As many as 156 and 28 patients are undergoing treatment at Cuttack`s Sriram Chandra Bhanja Medical College and Hospital, 26 km from here, and Bhubaneswar`s Capital Hospital, respectively. Of them, 51 were hospitalised Tuesday, he said.
The mosquito-borne disease has spread to 26 of the state`s 30 districts.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference