One death, 33 more swine flu cases in Delhi
New Delhi: A swine flu patient died while 33 people tested positive for the Influenza A (H1N1) virus here, taking the toll to four and total number of cases to 154 this year, an official said.
"Thirty-three people where tested positive for swine flu and one death has been reported today (Tuesday) from Sir Ganga Ram Hospital," a doctor of the Delhi Health Service (DHS) told IANS.
According to doctors, there has been a sudden spurt in the number of cases this year. In January alone, there was one death and 39 cases, while February so far has seen three deaths and 115 cases.
According to Delhi government, only 78 cases and one death were reported in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users