One death, 33 more swine flu cases in Delhi
New Delhi: A swine flu patient died while 33 people tested positive for the Influenza A (H1N1) virus here, taking the toll to four and total number of cases to 154 this year, an official said.
"Thirty-three people where tested positive for swine flu and one death has been reported today (Tuesday) from Sir Ganga Ram Hospital," a doctor of the Delhi Health Service (DHS) told IANS.
According to doctors, there has been a sudden spurt in the number of cases this year. In January alone, there was one death and 39 cases, while February so far has seen three deaths and 115 cases.
According to Delhi government, only 78 cases and one death were reported in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers