One more dengue case reported in Ganjam district
Berhampur: With one more dengue case detected in Odisha`s Ganjam district, the number of patients suffering from the vector-borne disease rose to four today.
A 42-year-old person from Hinjili, admitted to MKCG Medical College and Hospital here with high fever, tested positive for dengue, official sources said.
Another person in Hinjili and two others in Berhampur town were earlier detected with the disease.
Health officials were waiting for the reports of five other samples, said district malaria officer (DMO), U S Mishra.
The five samples from Gada Gobindapur village have been sent for testing at the microbiology department of the MKCG Medical College and Hospital here, he said.
The DMO said except Boxipalli, no chickungunya case was reported from any other place in the district.
In Boxipalli, five persons have been diagnosed with chickungunya. Meanwhile, an expert team from Bhubaneswar visited the villages affected by chickungunya and dengue in the district to sensitise the people about the diseases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter