One more dengue case reported in Ganjam district
Berhampur: With one more dengue case detected in Odisha`s Ganjam district, the number of patients suffering from the vector-borne disease rose to four today.
A 42-year-old person from Hinjili, admitted to MKCG Medical College and Hospital here with high fever, tested positive for dengue, official sources said.
Another person in Hinjili and two others in Berhampur town were earlier detected with the disease.
Health officials were waiting for the reports of five other samples, said district malaria officer (DMO), U S Mishra.
The five samples from Gada Gobindapur village have been sent for testing at the microbiology department of the MKCG Medical College and Hospital here, he said.
The DMO said except Boxipalli, no chickungunya case was reported from any other place in the district.
In Boxipalli, five persons have been diagnosed with chickungunya. Meanwhile, an expert team from Bhubaneswar visited the villages affected by chickungunya and dengue in the district to sensitise the people about the diseases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH