Over 100 students suffer food poisoning in China
Beijing: Over 100 students were hospitalised due to suspected food poisoning after they had milk and biscuits in a school in northwest China`s Qinghai Province on Wednesday.
More than 100 primary and middle school students from seven townships in Hui-Tu Autonomous County of Datong had shown symptoms of food poisoning, such as vomiting, dizziness or headache after eating lunch at their schools.
About 20 students from three schools have been sent to a local hospital for treatment, including 13 in a serious condition.
None of them are in life-threatening condition.
The Datong government started providing meals, including milk and biscuit, to primary and middle school students in the county last spring.
The local food and drug quality watchdog has sealed off all the meals suspected of causing the food poisoning, and samples have been sent to provincial authorities for inspection, state-run news agency Xinhua reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends