Over 100 students suffer food poisoning in China
Beijing: Over 100 students were hospitalised due to suspected food poisoning after they had milk and biscuits in a school in northwest China`s Qinghai Province on Wednesday.
More than 100 primary and middle school students from seven townships in Hui-Tu Autonomous County of Datong had shown symptoms of food poisoning, such as vomiting, dizziness or headache after eating lunch at their schools.
About 20 students from three schools have been sent to a local hospital for treatment, including 13 in a serious condition.
None of them are in life-threatening condition.
The Datong government started providing meals, including milk and biscuit, to primary and middle school students in the county last spring.
The local food and drug quality watchdog has sealed off all the meals suspected of causing the food poisoning, and samples have been sent to provincial authorities for inspection, state-run news agency Xinhua reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm
- Putin vows Russian retaliation over US missile shield in Europe
- More than 2,000 boat migrants rescued off Italy, 45 dead
- Trump rules out US presidential debate with Sanders