Over 3,000 deaths in 3 years at AIIMS Trauma Centre
New Delhi: An average of three persons have died everyday at the AIIMS Trauma Centre in the past three years, causing up to over 3,000 deaths in the last three years, an RTI reply has revealed.
As per the reply given by Dr Sanjeev Lalwani, the Central Public Information Officer with the Jai Prakash Narayan Apex Trauma Centre, 3,041 people died at the AIIMS Trauma Centre in the past three years with 1,530 of them brought dead or died in the emergency after initial treatment.
While 931 deaths were reported in 2009, the number rose to 1,098 the following year and in 2011 a total of 1,012 died in this hospital.
According to the reply, in the past three years 756 deaths have been reported in the neurosurgery intensive care unit of the hospital, followed by 536 deaths in the Intensive Care Unit, 91 in neurosurgery, 42 died because of pulmonary or cardiopulmonary failure, 29 deaths happened in the department of surgery and two deaths were reported from the Orthopaedics unit.
Ajay Marathe, a resident of Mumbai had filed the RTI application to know the details of deaths reported in this hospital dedicated to treat trauma cases.
Marathe said, "If figure of deaths in this hospital is scanned properly, then not only there is an average of three deaths everyday of which one at least has been brought dead or died in emergency after initial treatment".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: From US-made bomb making tools to Quran; here's all unearthed from ISIS secret tunnels