Over 700,000 children in Himachal to get polio drops
Shimla: Over 700,000 children will be administered polio drops in a two-round campaign beginning this month in Himachal Pradesh, an official said here Friday.
More than 5,850 booths, each catering to a population of 125, would be set up for the pulse polio immunization campaign to be carried out Jan 20 and Feb 24, Principal Secretary, Health and Family Welfare, Ali R. Rizvi said in a statement.
He said residents of even snow-bound areas would be covered.
Special booths would be set up in forest and remote areas too for the children of Gaddi and Gujjar tribes, Rizvi added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Scorpene submarine data leak: French ex-naval officer's hand suspected; 'serious matter', says Opposition
- No U-turn by Rahul Gandhi on RSS role: Digivjay Singh
- US Open: After clinching second Olympic gold, Andy Murray eyes fourth Grand Slam title
- Dahi Handi events in Dadar, Thane flout Supreme Court rule; human pyramids go beyond 20 feet
- Sleep deprivation may lead to memory loss