Overuse of painkillers leads to more headaches
London: Health experts have warned that taking too many painkillers and other treatments for migraine attacks can lead to more headaches.
According to Professor Gillian Leng , from medicines watchdog the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (Nice), headaches and migraine can have a very significant, negative impact on sufferers, therefore people should understand that different headaches require different treatments, the Daily Express reported.
Leng said that overusing some types of medication for treating tension-type headaches or migraines can actually make things worse, thus causing further pain.
Meanwhile, a consultant neurologist said that the effective management of headaches, which depends on making a correct diagnosis and agreeing on an appropriate treatment plan, should be taken into consideration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part III
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part IV
- Amitabh Bachchan proud of hosting girl child segment at government's gala
- LGBT community won't be free till section 377 exists: Celina Jaitley
- Premature babies at greater of risk of osteoporosis in adulthood
- Government to crack down on savings scams as PM Modi backs banking for all
- Is your SOUL mature enough? Find out here