Panacea Biotec to launch generic breast cancer drug
New Delhi: Biotechnology firm Panacea Biotec today said it will launch its breast cancer treatment medicine `PacliALL`, which could be priced at nearly Rs 35,000 for a
"PacliALL offers the advantage of improved safety over conventional formulations of Paclitaxel and is meant to be used as a chemotherapeutic agent for the treatment of breast
cancer," Panacea Biotec said in a statement.
The company plans to introduce the drug during the Indian Cancer Congress 2011 to be held at Bhubaneswar on February 12, 2011, it added.
Commenting on the launch Panacea Biotec Joint Managing Director Rajesh Jain said: "Panacea Biotec will remain committed to its mission of providing the latest and most
affordable preventive and therapeutic care to people across the globe".
The firm claimed that the drug will be made available at a price which will be nearly 50 per cent lower than the competitive products in the domestic and global markets.
"The launch of PacliALL reflects the hardwork of Panacea Biotec`s scientists, who worked tenaciously for the development of this drug," Jain added.
A company official said `PacliALL` will be priced at Rs35,000 for a single standard dose.
PacliALL has been developed by the company`s facility in Navi Mumbai and offers shorter infusion time and elimination of need of premedication for the patients.
Breast Cancer accounts for 10.4 per cent of all cancer incidences among women, making it the most common type of non skin cancer in women Panacea Biotec said.
Shares of Panacea Biotec were trading at Rs 175.50 in the afternoon trade at the Bombay Stock Exchange,down 2.77 per cent from its previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das