Panacea Biotec to launch generic breast cancer drug
New Delhi: Biotechnology firm Panacea Biotec today said it will launch its breast cancer treatment medicine `PacliALL`, which could be priced at nearly Rs 35,000 for a
"PacliALL offers the advantage of improved safety over conventional formulations of Paclitaxel and is meant to be used as a chemotherapeutic agent for the treatment of breast
cancer," Panacea Biotec said in a statement.
The company plans to introduce the drug during the Indian Cancer Congress 2011 to be held at Bhubaneswar on February 12, 2011, it added.
Commenting on the launch Panacea Biotec Joint Managing Director Rajesh Jain said: "Panacea Biotec will remain committed to its mission of providing the latest and most
affordable preventive and therapeutic care to people across the globe".
The firm claimed that the drug will be made available at a price which will be nearly 50 per cent lower than the competitive products in the domestic and global markets.
"The launch of PacliALL reflects the hardwork of Panacea Biotec`s scientists, who worked tenaciously for the development of this drug," Jain added.
A company official said `PacliALL` will be priced at Rs35,000 for a single standard dose.
PacliALL has been developed by the company`s facility in Navi Mumbai and offers shorter infusion time and elimination of need of premedication for the patients.
Breast Cancer accounts for 10.4 per cent of all cancer incidences among women, making it the most common type of non skin cancer in women Panacea Biotec said.
Shares of Panacea Biotec were trading at Rs 175.50 in the afternoon trade at the Bombay Stock Exchange,down 2.77 per cent from its previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read