Panacea Biotec to launch generic breast cancer drug
New Delhi: Biotechnology firm Panacea Biotec today said it will launch its breast cancer treatment medicine `PacliALL`, which could be priced at nearly Rs 35,000 for a
"PacliALL offers the advantage of improved safety over conventional formulations of Paclitaxel and is meant to be used as a chemotherapeutic agent for the treatment of breast
cancer," Panacea Biotec said in a statement.
The company plans to introduce the drug during the Indian Cancer Congress 2011 to be held at Bhubaneswar on February 12, 2011, it added.
Commenting on the launch Panacea Biotec Joint Managing Director Rajesh Jain said: "Panacea Biotec will remain committed to its mission of providing the latest and most
affordable preventive and therapeutic care to people across the globe".
The firm claimed that the drug will be made available at a price which will be nearly 50 per cent lower than the competitive products in the domestic and global markets.
"The launch of PacliALL reflects the hardwork of Panacea Biotec`s scientists, who worked tenaciously for the development of this drug," Jain added.
A company official said `PacliALL` will be priced at Rs35,000 for a single standard dose.
PacliALL has been developed by the company`s facility in Navi Mumbai and offers shorter infusion time and elimination of need of premedication for the patients.
Breast Cancer accounts for 10.4 per cent of all cancer incidences among women, making it the most common type of non skin cancer in women Panacea Biotec said.
Shares of Panacea Biotec were trading at Rs 175.50 in the afternoon trade at the Bombay Stock Exchange,down 2.77 per cent from its previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- DNA: Blow to Kejriwal, Delhi High Court backs LG
- IIT Madras bans Dalit students forum for 'criticising' PM Modi
- DNA: Exploitation of migrant workers in Qatar
- Radioactive nuclear medicine leak detected at Delhi's IGI Airport
- IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani hits back, challenges Rahul Gandhi to a debate
- MHA notification: SC issues notice to Delhi govt
- Railways may hike AC class fares from June 1, 2015
- Protests outside IIT-Madras against ban on students' group
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 29, 2015
- Special: Heart-wrenching tales of elderly people in old age homes
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere
- Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared today soon
- BSEB (biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in): Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared tomorrow on May 30
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- Maggi noodles controversy: Case to be filed against Nestle in UP today
- US formally removes Cuba from terror blacklist in landmark move
- Top 5 places to eat in Delhi University's campuses
- Arrival of Monsoon over Kerala delayed by 2-3 days: Met Department
- Log on to ahsec.nic.in: AHSEC 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Govt committed to One Rank, One Pension: PM Narendra Modi
- If Congress was pro-poor, why does poverty still exist in India, asks PM Narendra Modi