Parents donate organs of brain dead son
Thiruvananthapuram: In a noble gesture, parents of a 19-year-old youth, who was declared brain dead after a road mishap here two days ago, have donated their son's organs to five persons.
Prajeesh, a second-year college student, met with the tragedy when a car collided with the bike he was travelling at Chandavila near here on Friday morning.
Though he was rushed to a hospital in the city, doctors declared him brain dead.
His parents, Harish Kumar and Preetha, still to recover from the shock of their son's unexpected parting, gave consent for donating his organs when the doctors asked for it, hospital sources said.
The hospital management contacted the Medical College authorities here and removed the vital organs including kidneys, liver and eyes through a surgery.
The organs would be transplanted on five persons, who are under treatment in various hospitals in the city, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves