Parents donate organs of brain dead son
Thiruvananthapuram: In a noble gesture, parents of a 19-year-old youth, who was declared brain dead after a road mishap here two days ago, have donated their son's organs to five persons.
Prajeesh, a second-year college student, met with the tragedy when a car collided with the bike he was travelling at Chandavila near here on Friday morning.
Though he was rushed to a hospital in the city, doctors declared him brain dead.
His parents, Harish Kumar and Preetha, still to recover from the shock of their son's unexpected parting, gave consent for donating his organs when the doctors asked for it, hospital sources said.
The hospital management contacted the Medical College authorities here and removed the vital organs including kidneys, liver and eyes through a surgery.
The organs would be transplanted on five persons, who are under treatment in various hospitals in the city, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened