Parents donate organs of brain dead son
Thiruvananthapuram: In a noble gesture, parents of a 19-year-old youth, who was declared brain dead after a road mishap here two days ago, have donated their son's organs to five persons.
Prajeesh, a second-year college student, met with the tragedy when a car collided with the bike he was travelling at Chandavila near here on Friday morning.
Though he was rushed to a hospital in the city, doctors declared him brain dead.
His parents, Harish Kumar and Preetha, still to recover from the shock of their son's unexpected parting, gave consent for donating his organs when the doctors asked for it, hospital sources said.
The hospital management contacted the Medical College authorities here and removed the vital organs including kidneys, liver and eyes through a surgery.
The organs would be transplanted on five persons, who are under treatment in various hospitals in the city, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown