Pfizer names Alembic, Breckenridge as co-defendants in lawsuit
New Delhi: Alembic Pharma today said Pfizer has filed a lawsuit against it and US firm Breckenridge Pharma for their move to market generic tablets for treating depression.
The tablets in the strengths of 50 mg and 100 mg are a generic version of Pfizer Inc`s Pristiq tablets.
"Breckenridge Pharmaceuticals Inc, USA and Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd were named as co defendants in a Paragraph IV lawsuit filed by Pfizer Inc concerning their ANDA for desvenlafaxine succinate extended release tablets...," Alembic Pharmaceuticals said in a filing to BSE.
Alembic is the sponsor and manufacturer of the abbreviated the new drug application (ANDA), which will be marketed exclusively by Breckenridge, the company said.
Both the companies filed their Paragraph IV ANDA on the first possible submission date and expect to share 180 days exclusivity with other first filers, it added.
According to industry data Pristiq generated sales of USD 577 million, the Vadodara based firm said.
Alembic shares were trading at Rs 55.55 per scrip in the afternoon on BSE, up 2.02 per cent from its previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi