Pfizer names Alembic, Breckenridge as co-defendants in lawsuit
New Delhi: Alembic Pharma today said Pfizer has filed a lawsuit against it and US firm Breckenridge Pharma for their move to market generic tablets for treating depression.
The tablets in the strengths of 50 mg and 100 mg are a generic version of Pfizer Inc`s Pristiq tablets.
"Breckenridge Pharmaceuticals Inc, USA and Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd were named as co defendants in a Paragraph IV lawsuit filed by Pfizer Inc concerning their ANDA for desvenlafaxine succinate extended release tablets...," Alembic Pharmaceuticals said in a filing to BSE.
Alembic is the sponsor and manufacturer of the abbreviated the new drug application (ANDA), which will be marketed exclusively by Breckenridge, the company said.
Both the companies filed their Paragraph IV ANDA on the first possible submission date and expect to share 180 days exclusivity with other first filers, it added.
According to industry data Pristiq generated sales of USD 577 million, the Vadodara based firm said.
Alembic shares were trading at Rs 55.55 per scrip in the afternoon on BSE, up 2.02 per cent from its previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India