Pill to help skin beat ravages of winter
London: Taking a single pill of beauty vitamin supplement every day can help protect skin against the ageing effects of a harsh winter, according to a new research.
The first clinical trial into the effect of a micro-nutrient beauty supplement found that it improves the condition of the skin in the coldest months.
Professor Philippe Humbert, Head of Dermatology at the University Hospital of Besancon, a world renowned leading expert on skin analysis, who led the research said, "the results of this trial show that women wishing to protect their skin against the winter should consider a supplement as such Perfectil."
The dry and cold winter weather has a great influence on the condition of exposed skin, affecting the face the most. Year after year these changes in roughness, skin thickness and elasticity lead to visible skin ageing."
The study involved 80 healthy women aged between 35 and 55 years old. Two tablets of Perfectil or placebo were given once daily for four months. The volunteers were assessed before and after four months of treatment and also followed up six weeks after the end of treatment, Professor Humbert said.
"The evaluation was carried out during the winter season (October-April ) and skin quality was measured using Visioscan, Reviscometer and high frequency ultrasound technology."
The research was published online in clinical Interventions in Aging, yesterday. Perfectil Platinum tablets are produced by Vitabiotics London, founded by leading NRI entrepreneur Kartar Lalvani, which won the Queen's award for innovation this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Nobody can portray Lakhan better than me: Anil Kapoor
- PHOTOS: How Mumbai Indians' captain Rohit Sharma celebrated his 29th birthday!
- Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim describes West Bengal's Garden Reach as 'mini-pakistan', draws flak
- Top five health benefits of raspberries!
- Rs 100 crore mark still too far for Shah Rukh Khan's 'Fan'?