Pill to help skin beat ravages of winter
London: Taking a single pill of beauty vitamin supplement every day can help protect skin against the ageing effects of a harsh winter, according to a new research.
The first clinical trial into the effect of a micro-nutrient beauty supplement found that it improves the condition of the skin in the coldest months.
Professor Philippe Humbert, Head of Dermatology at the University Hospital of Besancon, a world renowned leading expert on skin analysis, who led the research said, "the results of this trial show that women wishing to protect their skin against the winter should consider a supplement as such Perfectil."
The dry and cold winter weather has a great influence on the condition of exposed skin, affecting the face the most. Year after year these changes in roughness, skin thickness and elasticity lead to visible skin ageing."
The study involved 80 healthy women aged between 35 and 55 years old. Two tablets of Perfectil or placebo were given once daily for four months. The volunteers were assessed before and after four months of treatment and also followed up six weeks after the end of treatment, Professor Humbert said.
"The evaluation was carried out during the winter season (October-April ) and skin quality was measured using Visioscan, Reviscometer and high frequency ultrasound technology."
The research was published online in clinical Interventions in Aging, yesterday. Perfectil Platinum tablets are produced by Vitabiotics London, founded by leading NRI entrepreneur Kartar Lalvani, which won the Queen's award for innovation this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- LIVE: Pakistan's nuclear weapons may fall into hands of jihadists, fears Hillary Clinton
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’