PM asks youth to take lead in blood donation
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi today pitched for raising awareness about the importance of blood donation and asked his "young friends " to take lead in this.
In his tweets on the World Blood Donor Day, he said blood donation was a great service to society and congratulated those who donate blood.
"On World Blood Donor Day I congratulate every one who keeps donating blood. It is a great service to society.
"Today we reaffirm our pledge to raise greater awareness about the importance of blood donation. My young friends should take a lead in this," Modi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- New forms of HIV can jump from animals to humans
- SC issues notice to EC on plea seeking disqualification of convicted lawmakers
- Kashmir unrest: SC to hear plea seeking Governor's rule in Valley next week
- Miranda Kerr just said 'yes' to Snapchat co-founder Evan Spiegel
- US report on Chinese Muslims joining ISIS groundless: Media