PM asks youth to take lead in blood donation
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi today pitched for raising awareness about the importance of blood donation and asked his "young friends " to take lead in this.
In his tweets on the World Blood Donor Day, he said blood donation was a great service to society and congratulated those who donate blood.
"On World Blood Donor Day I congratulate every one who keeps donating blood. It is a great service to society.
"Today we reaffirm our pledge to raise greater awareness about the importance of blood donation. My young friends should take a lead in this," Modi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees