PM asks youth to take lead in blood donation
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi today pitched for raising awareness about the importance of blood donation and asked his "young friends " to take lead in this.
In his tweets on the World Blood Donor Day, he said blood donation was a great service to society and congratulated those who donate blood.
"On World Blood Donor Day I congratulate every one who keeps donating blood. It is a great service to society.
"Today we reaffirm our pledge to raise greater awareness about the importance of blood donation. My young friends should take a lead in this," Modi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore