PM asks youth to take lead in blood donation
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi today pitched for raising awareness about the importance of blood donation and asked his "young friends " to take lead in this.
In his tweets on the World Blood Donor Day, he said blood donation was a great service to society and congratulated those who donate blood.
"On World Blood Donor Day I congratulate every one who keeps donating blood. It is a great service to society.
"Today we reaffirm our pledge to raise greater awareness about the importance of blood donation. My young friends should take a lead in this," Modi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award